Are you interested in becoming an empowered young person, using your voice to make a difference all while enhancing your leadership skills? Then the NC Youth Connected Youth Leadership Council is for you!
Youth Leadership Council
The Youth Leadership Council (YLC) aims to raise awareness and advocate for comprehensive and evidence- based health education and teen friendly health services for young people in Cumberland County. The YLC is the youth advisory arm of the NC Youth Connected initiative and exists to empower young people to develop and lead health education initiatives for their peers at school and in their communities.
Youth Leadership Council Goals
- To raise awareness among and educate youth about the need for pregnancy prevention efforts for themselves and other young people.
- To raise awareness among and educate youth about other health issues affecting teens.
- To provide feedback to NC Youth Connected partners.
- To empower youth as leaders and decision makers to take action in their communities.
- To develop a network of youth throughout Cumberland County to share and distribute information.
Join the yLC Today
We are seeking motivated, energetic youth who are looking to join with their peers to promote the importance of teen health education in our community. Ideal candidates are team players, willing to learn, creative, reliable, and flexible.
Upcoming meeting: TBD