Get Social with #LetsTalkMonth
Join the conversation for Let's Talk Month. Challenge yourself and other askable adults to start important conversations about love, sex and relationships with the child in your life. Feel free to use the following sample tweets and click to download the social media images and share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #LetsTalkMonth.
- October is Let’s Talk Month! Visit www.ncyouthconnected.org/letstalkmonth for tips on how to get the conversation started #LetsTalkMonth
- Parents do not have to be an expert to talk to their children about sex, love and relationships. #LetsTalkMonth http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/parents
- Talk Early. Talk Often. #LetsTalkMonth
- Join NC Youth Connected today and help young people grow up healthy. www.ncyouthconnected.org #LetsTalkMonth
- Let’s Talk Month means talking about birth control, too! http://www.teenplaybook.org/ #LetsTalkMonth
- Help your teen access teen friendly sexual health services! http://www.teenplaybook.org/birth-control/where-to-get-it/ #LetsTalkMonth
- Be cool… or not! Make awkward conversations easier this October! http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/parents/ #LetsTalkMonth
- The best time to talk to your kids about sex is now. Be askable. #LetsTalkMonth
- Teens have a right to confidential conversations with health care providers. #LetsTalkMonth http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/health-care
- Take time to ask and answer questions. http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/health-care #LetsTalkMonth
- Support effective sex education so students can use facts to make informed decisions about their health. http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/education #LetsTalkMonth
- Sex education is an important component of health education – and is supported by teens, researchers, and public policy! http://www.ncyouthconnected.org/education #LetsTalkMonth
Public Awareness Resources
Need help planning for your talk? Use our conversation starters! Download card here.
- Strategies for Parents and Family. Download pdf.
- Strategies for Faith Communities. Download pdf.
- Creating a Teen Friendly Medical Practice. Download pdf.
National Let's Talk Month Campaign
To learn more about the national Let's Talk Month awareness campaign, visit www.advocatesforyouth.org/lets-talk-month.